Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Wonder- Not just any ordinary bean

This one is fun and I love Jelly Belly's, so it is really perfect. I am trying to eliminate sugar from my diet so I thought I would write about them instead. Jelly Belly's are not the first things that pop in my mind when I think about art, but I am staring to change my ways.


from the Jelly Belly site. A-maizing!
Click on the picture to go to the recipe at Jelly Belly's site
 Jodi and I have used Jelly Belly's when we were playing with our food http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2009/04/playing-with-my-food.html to make cupcakes from the Hello Cupcake book written by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. The book is full of cute, no darling, cupcake designs that are made using candies and one of those candies is Jelly Belly's. Well, I bet you never thought that someone would use Jelly belly's for the colorants of a painting... or maybe you would.

The Jelly Belly company itself is having a contest to decorate cupcakes with their product and they will even give money for the best one. It is possible to win 10000 beans, I mean dollars, for it.
Hurry the contest ends soon. Contest begins at 12:00:01 am PT on 11/15/10 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on 7/10/11
http://jbcupcakechallenge.com/landing/

I know the more I do these Wednesday Wonders the more I find nothing surprises me anymore and all that I look forward to now is how creative people can get.
I know that when I see others doing things out of the usual, it opens my mind to being and going outside of the usual. Long live the imagination of man.


Artist: Kristen Cumings 4'x4'

Watch this! I think this is so cool! 170 hours of work Geesh!
I can bear-ly believe this is candy and a little kidney shaped sugar delight at that.



these are from the Jelly Belly site and I think they just might be my favorites.
Simple yet so perfect, even down to the metal cupcake papers.
Click on the picture to go to the recipe. 

 If you would like to see some more Belly art you can find it here
http://www.jellybelly.com/Art_Gallery/bean_art_gallery.aspx

Malcom West made this.
Impressive, very impressive.
You can read about the conception of the art of the bean by Pete Rocha here
http://www.jellybelly-uk.com/bean-world/page/?id=25

You can see more UK bean art here http://www.jellybelly-uk.com/fun-stuff/bean-art/ OK, now Belly up to the bar and admit this is cool art, yes art.
Belly, Belly, nice art.
And from Australia http://www.jellybelly.com.au/jb_bean_art_gallery  

16 comments:

  1. In Vegas, at the New York New York hotel, they have a rendition of the Statue of Liberty all done in Jelly Bellys...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jelly Beans too what great art really enjoyed these isn't it wonderful all the inspiration and talent there is in this world!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--that's incredible! It's been awhile since I've had Jelly Belly's, but I remember the toasted marshmallow flavor being my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool beans!! Sorry had to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! These JellyBellys really ARE Amaizing Marie!
    Never saw it before.
    Thanks for sharing dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another amazing Wednesday Wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic and amazing Marie! Thanks for sharing ;o) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Statue of Liberty Georgina. If I ever go to Vegas again, I will have to go look that up.
    I bet the texture in person is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is wonderful Jackie!
    I mean really, how can it get much better?

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! Caroline I have to say that toasted marshmellow is my least favorite and at my age I would rather make picutres from jelly belly's, but cherry or raspberry with coffee or cola is one of my favorite recipes.
    I like to mix, caramel and green apple, pear and banana and cherry.
    Sour cherry is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Donna I could have used that in the blog post too!!
    Made me chuckle out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad Donna. It is very nice, I think the Marilyn is my favorite.
    As my other friend Donna would say Cool Beans, har har har!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love jelly beans. I don't think
    the art would last here, would be picking the jelly beans off of it to eat. There are some really cool ones on their site.
    love you
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so welcome Debbie!
    I am so glad you liked it!!
    It was fun for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was my pleasure sharing it with you Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One word...awesome!!!! I love this series of yours, Marie. You find THE coolest art!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net