Friday, June 17, 2011

On a wing and a prayer

I am winging my way back to Washington D.C.

I will try to keep up with this blog and I have a couple of planned blogs, but today as this gets posted to you all, I am in the airport, doing my usual freak out before I get on the plane. ;-D Unless of course I am not!!
I do not drink coffee now so it might be better than ever before.
I never want to leave and then when I get in the air and it is quiet and I can read books and look at mags and have time to think a little, I relish the time to myself. I do not get much of that.

I am so grateful to be able to do what I love and create all of the time, but most of the time it is interrupted by "gramma I hugry" and "gramma I have poop" and "I don wanna watch george, I wanna watch gabba gabba". The little statements of personality that are starting to blossom in this young girl!
I fix countless meals because when you spend most of your time jumping up and down you burn up calories, which she does all day long, and which is also a lesson for me in *move your body* gramma.
It is my fault, I want her to eat good food so I make it and then do the dishes too!

I am also grateful to be in this baby's life, to be a part of her memories, and to be there for her. I just need to remind myself of that sometimes, and some days, more than a few times an hour.

I am going to visit a dear friend and then we are off to a retreat in Orkney Springs.
Here is more about the retreat area, it is really very interesting too http://basyevortex.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=1

I am going to spend time in nature, play with art materials, and I am going to laugh and laugh long and hard.
This is a group of dear women with all kinds of talents and skills and it is going to be big fun!

So as I sail over my home and on my way in the big blue sky, it is with regret and yet an excitement of heart that I wave good-bye to all of you and to my dear, dear family.
I will be back to tell you of my tales and stories.
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends, and a greater week ahead.
Please go ahead and comment because I love it when you do. I will try to check in once in a while.
Up, up, and away!!!

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your retreat Marie. It's always nice to get away for a while. Have lots of fun! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your retreat sounds wonderful, have a relaxed, insightful, creative time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I feel we are kindred spirits! I absolutely love the paragraph about being a part of your grandchild's life and memories. I can't wait to quote it to both my best friend and to my s-i-l, both of whom are helping to raise grandchildren - no matter how tired that makes them. And, yes, that friend is one like you are joining this weekend - we love to spend time together and, Lord, do we laugh!! (It keeps us sane. I think!) I'm adding you to my bloglist now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time Marie! It sounds terrific!
    (especially that there will be quiet and *you* time)

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, have a great time away! The retreat looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, have a great time away! The retreat looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time, Gamma!! You've earned it!! Look forward to reading about your nature/art adventures....happy journey!!

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very proud of you for taking some much needed me time. One day I am going to be able to join you on a weekend gathering of women, oh such a fun time. Yes you and I are so blessed to be such a part of our grand babies growing up. "If they would just stay little til their Carter's wear out." All to fast they will be off to school and have no more time for grandma. I love you Marie, have a blast!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Some time for yourself, time with the girls, time for conspiring in creativity with good cohorts. You are so lucky! I hope you have gads of fun and come back with lovely things to dazzle our eyes. I hate hate HATE flying, but once I'm up in the air, I enjoy having an excuse to do nothing but sit while someone serves me drinks and mixed nuts. Safe travels! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a most wonderful time, Marie! And I hope you'll get to relax, laugh, nap, play, and just enjoy yourself completely!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds as though you and I have something besides art in common. I too am heavily involved in my grandsons life. I do love it but I am also aware that my time is very often not my own.....well as he gets older (I do too) my work load should lessen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a fantastic time on your trip Marie!! Sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a special soul Marie. I love your blog and your kind sharing spirit. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your knowledge and creativity. I sometimes wonder how you 'do it'! lol
    Taking care of a little person, they do grow up so fast. For me, I'll always have a child living at home because of the special needs she has (a 5 year old in the body of a 25 year old) and yes, it is hard to make or find time for yourself outside of 'work'. Even though we may love our jobs to create, produce, invent etc, it's the little pleasures in life that count. Those few moments of alone time are really important :) (but 'flying', I know what you mean! My stomach does the up and down just thinking about the take off and landing, haha)

    Have a tremendously Awesome! time with hearty laughter and joy.
    xox,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your retreat. You have more then earned the time to yourself and it is time to recharge the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did not know there were small retreats held in Orkney Springs. I have known it as a place for large scale events as the large wooden structure -- they say the largest in VA is owned by the Episcopalian Diocese. Did they rent out some of the outbuildings for a small retreat or was it held in some smaller venue?
    Did you decide on Orkney Springs because of the website www.basyevortex.com. which is a fairly comprehensive description of the area, it's history & attractions. The basye vortex website shows the beauty & mystery of the area - did you hear of Orkney Springs through the basye vortex website coming all the way from CA or in some other fashion. Looks like you enjoyed your retreat. Glad you know of the aforementioned website as it does broaden one's point of view of the Indians who once inhabited the area and many other things. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net