Monday, April 12, 2010

Speaking of Buddha...

 I have been working on this for awhile. I love little shrines and I have a set of stamps that cut them out of the clay. Yesterday my sisterfriend Bella Sinclair http://bellasinclair.blogspot.com/ mentioned that the last face cab I did had a Buddha face. I have always wanted a segue way like that and there it was. So, today speaking of Buddha... here it is.



I am still working on a way to hang this piece. It is meant to be a wall shrine.
Textured foil background mounted on a 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" wood panel. The foil is painted with Super Russet Lumiere acrylic paint.
The shrine itself is made from Gold, Copper, and Verdigris Cernit that is stamped with Pearl-ex ink in Black and Copper.
There are Copper metal leaves hand cut and tooled with small flowers from Black and Opaque White Cernit, Copper metal beads, and Flowers that are made in various shades of black white copper gold and brown Cernit. I have also added triangular silver filigree metal pieces and a couple of different sizes of vintage swarovski crystal flat back stones. The hinges on the shrine doors are 20 gauge copper handmade jump rings.
I know now, by doing the work,+ some of things I will do differently with the next shrine. It was fun to experiment and to find the things that worked and that didn't. I may have to make a couple more of these.
Uh oh, another tangent??

21 comments:

  1. Love the Buddha shrine Marie! I love seeing all the new ways you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, The Shrine is wonderful. I can't wait to see where this journey leads you!
    Mags Bonham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Marie...your shrine is too cute!!!! Love love love this piece!!! Don't you just love those tangents??? I went on 2 side tracks this past weekend but came back to the ones i had to focus on...I shall return though!!! Have an awesome day! big hugs beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your buddha shrine is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tangent away! I love it! I wish I were as productive as you. I need to turn off the computer more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You make such wonderfull things! All your creations put a huge smile on my face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SISTER MARIEEEEEEE!!! Oh, awesome to the Nth degree! (I think I must have been a newsanchor in a previous life, hence the inadvertent segue-way.) Not only is this piece of art 3D, it's interactive as well. Fantastic detailing and mixtures of colors. Those copper leaves are great! Any chance you know how to make clay lotus flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Shrine is Beautiful Marie! I can see it hanging on your wall... I love the colors you've chosen~perfect!

    Much Love on this Monday~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Darla! I am so glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mags thanks for coming by and commenting.
    I can hardly wait to see where I go on this tangent too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Beth I do love tangents when I have time for them, lol!! Sometimes I can spend so much time tangenting that I don't do the piece I started with, LOL!!
    Keep doing what you are doing Beth it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Debby, I am having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Marie this is just awesome!!! You out did yourself. I love it.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, Jan I can not decide which is worse, answering comments or being so overwhelmed I can not answer them?
    I have been failing terribly at the answering part.
    When I am on a roll, nothing stops me and I work right in front of my computer, so I do both, lol and sometimes I read but don't answer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Marie!!! I love it and your new look around here...wonderful work as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love shrines. I've been thinking of making one myself. See how this happens? You go on a tangent because of Bella, and I will go on a tangent because of you. :) Your pieces is awesome!!!! xoxoxox Pam
    PS No need to comment! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie, this is really gorgeous. And you can see all the love you have put in this piece. What a talent

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh that is SO amazing! Again with the ideas!!! I mean, I do get ideas, but they usually involve telling the Brawny Man I need a so-and-so, right here in the yard, don't know how you're gonna do it, BUT... and he does it! OOoo, I AM bad. **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marie, this piece is amazing. As always, all of your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Goddess! That shrine is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net