Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Wonder- I wonder why we work against each other

“Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wonder what people are thinking when they perform acts of violence against each other?
I wonder what this accomplishes?
I wonder how much they hate themselves?
I want you to visit a place where you can make a statement as an artist, let us help heal the hatred.
Art From the HeART: Healing Hatred in America

An Online Exhibit to Counter Hatred in the United States
In Memory of: Lives lost and changed forever in the shootings at 10:11 AM on January 8, 2011 in Tucson, Arizona.

Who: Any artist who wishes to express his/herself about the growing problem of hatred, hate speech, discrimination, prejudice, and political vitriol in the United States. Any artist who wishes to express his/herself about the need for peace and nonviolence from our neighborhoods to the planet.


What: an online exhibit, complete with process descriptions, of art designed to bring attention to the growing problems of hatred and violence in the United States, as well as the need for peace and nonviolence on the planet.

When: starting as soon as possible and continuing until such time as violence and hatred are no longer problems within the United States.

Organizers: Linda Moran, digital and fiber artist, Tucson, AZ; S. L. Drury, digital and fiber artist, Sedona, AZ; Anne Huskey-Lockard, mixed media artist, Peru, Indiana.
Ongoing Prospectus Submission Guidelines
 
I wonder why we don't say something?
I wonder why we don't' see the beauty in each individual?
I wonder why we don't work together?
We are all we have.
Namaste (The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you.)
 
Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/pages/Art-From-the-Heart-Healing-Hatred-in-America/180205382012486

10 comments:

  1. ~the heart of you...i wonder why...questions i think at one time or another each of us has thought said or felt...this idea...this place you all have created for people to come together and connect in such a peaceful manner is simply beautiful...i look forward to exploring this healing link...thank you for sharing this with us and the inspiration you continue to shed on so many different levels...much love light and blessings be with you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marie....
    I will forward your blog link to Linda and Suzan so they can read this excellent and thought provoking tribute to peace.....

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Marie! I have never understood how even people can judge someone, by just looking at them? Commenting about their colour, size, race, etc. I can honestly say, I have never done that. And, I feel people that do, or make these hatred crimes, are such sad souls. I know being a larger person, I have been teased alot, even being older, now, I just look at the person and say, thank-you and smile. They don't know what to do, and they just look. I try to conquer hate with love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know Marie it is personal too - there is so much hate even within our own families. I guess we need to start at home - yet sometimes you can't stop the hate that is directed at you no matter what you do. So send out light and love. If we are radiant then our rays will touch others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Marie, for helping us to get the word out about spreading peace and nonviolence. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The unfortunate incident that happened in Arizona was not due to hatred. The gunman was psychotic. Why is it that everyone fails to recognize this? We need better mental health care in this country. No one is addressing this. There will be another incident like this caused by someone who needs psychiatric treatment rather than speech control, gun control and political correctness. It's been happening since the days of Lizzie Borden, the UT Tower massacre by Whitman... We need to be aware of mental illness and provide treatment to these individuals so unfortunate incidents like this will not happen again. For heaven's sake, the gunman was obsessed with vocabulary! Where's the hatred in that? He is mad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No! I did not mean to correct you. I am frustrated at the political posturing everywhere. I feel so sad that so many individuals suffer silently because mental health care is difficult to pursue. So many layers of reviews and case management before a patient may receive help. Admission to psychiatric hospitals need to meet three criteria:
    1. The patient is suicidal and has made a serious suicide attempt.
    2. The patient is homicidal and has made a serious attempt to hurt others.
    3. The patient has hallucinations.

    I am now finding out that so many friends dealt with depression. These are normal and ordinary people who keep quiet about their condition because at this point where we have instant communication and information overload, we still stigmatize mental illness due to ignorance.

    I was never good in psychiatric nursing but I am so glad that nurses specialize in this field. We need more human resources to address the nation's mental health needs.

    Life in America is stressful!!! The affluence and the money cannot prevent mental illness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for posting this. Together we can make a difference. Theresa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net