Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An incredible woman I know

My friend Susan is having a double mastectomy today. She has been in my mind for days. She knows inside, and is very resolved about this being the best way for her to go with this, I am backing her up.
Susan is a generous, loving, and caring woman and I am so grateful to be the kind of person that would attract a dynamo like Susan in to my life.
She is creative, she knits, she makes clay flowers, I showed them to you before here, and works a full time job and takes care of her incredible family too. I am in awe of the power this woman holds, I am also in awe of how humble she is.
She is also able to find humor in the best places, I really need to learn this lesson.
I got a note from Susan this morning I opened it up and it said
"I attached a picture of my prototype boobs.  I made them out of air dry clay from scraps, they will fit in a cami.  Better than Kleenex.   Because it is air dry they are light weight."
Along with this picture


Bless Susan and her strength. I love her.
Please pray to whomever you pray to for my friend.
I know this blog sphere is magic and you are all good at this.
Thank you so much!!

17 comments:

  1. I don't think I know Susan, however, I have her back as well. My sister also had a mastectomy and I saw in her a power and strength that I had not seen before. I called her "Wonder Woman" So I will light a candle and keep it going for Susan. Thanks Marie for letting us all know.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweet friend! Will be sending healing and well wishes her way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending positive thoughts for your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also part of Susan's team now. Thanks for the asking. I have asked the blogosphere for help and received blessings so I am sure this will be of help for you and Susan. You're a good friend for including others...we are all angels with only one wing. We all need another to soar.
    The Olde Bagg, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bet I'm praying for susan. Anyone who has you for a friend already has her prayers heard and delivered

    and....susan's color sense is perfect!

    xoxo
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read your post, I immediately started to envision healing light around Susan. With support from friends like you, she is well-covered with hope and love. Blessings to you for being her friend, and blessings to her! Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your friend, I had a mastectomy 4 years ago, I'm praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, anyone with that sense of humor will make it through the Sx just fine. Holy cow---what a decision to be faced with. Prayers of strength going out to her!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sending a prayer and I just have to say, what a special friend! To get a note from her this morning, like that, how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll definitely keep your friend, Susan, in my thoughts and prayers! She has a good sense of humor that will help her through this...I like her boob colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it is only humor and good friends that will take you through a situation like. Good thoughts to Susan and my Mom in special and to all the others fighting in general!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much love and well-wishes to your friend! She has a good mindset - and that is half the battle. Thank you for sharing her with us. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late to read this, but will pray for a healthy and quick recovery for her. She sounds like a strong and loving woman: that's a good head start.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan is in my thoughts and prayers! xox to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers rising to heaven for complete healing for Susan. What an amazing woman. Big love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marie, I'll be praying for Susan and hope her surgery goes smoothly. Tell her there will be a lot of people thinking and praying for her today. I wish I had something profound to say to you both but I don't. The only great thing is that you have each other. Smile and make her laugh a lot. That will make her heal quicker. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am praying for your friend. I hope she makes a swift recovery. She has a wonderful sense of humor, and a very loving friend in you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net