Thursday, September 30, 2010

Alphabet stamp Handles

I have these great little alphabet stamps that my Hubby sells and I use. I love letters and stamps, and I thought these were adorable.

They were though, a little hard to use with out getting my finger nails in the clay, so I made my own handles.

Links for the tools will connect you to my Hubby's shop if you are looking for these products.

Thank you so much for supporting myself and my family.







You will need:
Clay Extruder and square disk that comes with set M35055
Alphabet stamps
Scrap Cernit
Crafter's Pick Ultimate Glue
Kemper Slicing Blade


Condition Cernit scraps until they are one color and smooth and pliable.
Load up the barrel of the extruder and put in the 1/4" square disk and extrude a square log.
Cut the square in to 1" to 2" sections.
Lay them out on a piece of corrugated cardboard on a cookie sheet.
Make sure the little sections are straight when you place them on the cardboard.
Bake in a pre-heated 275 degree F oven for 30 minutes, shut off oven and let cool until you can touch them with out burning your fingers.




Peel off the foam baking on the rubber.
Glue the individual letters to the square logs with glue and let dry.












Now they are ready to use. So much better now!!






12 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Marie. I looove letter stamps. You have the most generous heart!!! Hugs from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks for sharing your remedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The invention of necessity! I haven't used my little stamps, because it was too messy, thanks so much Marie, you share so much!

    Hugs to you
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea! They are soooo tiny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so brilliant Marie!!! I have missed you!!!

    I love letters too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you again, dear Marie, for another wonderful tutorial! Hope you are well! I see that your muse has been keeping you quite busy!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this idea, Marie. You are always so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Marie! You are a genius! I have lots of tiny letter stamps...and lots of stamps with wooden handles, but I never put two and two together and thought to make my own handles for my stamps. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow are those ever tiny! You are so creative to think to make handles for them. Kudos to you!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you do Marie!!! I wish I hadn't given away my clay extruder!!!!! What was I thinking???

    Ok I wasn't~: (

    I hope you have a wonderful week-end ~
    Much love ~pattee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracias por esa fantastica idea.
    Eres muy imaginativa.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marie
    Love this idea. I have these stamps, but never thought of making handles for them which is so much easier to use them with handles on. So off I go to do this.
    Great to have people with creative minds around me. Thanks Marie, you sound so much better than a while back.
    Love
    Elizabeth XX

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net