Sunday, June 14, 2009

Paint a Mirror- quick and easy



Malma Mirror from Ikea in pine








3/4" bristle brush


1" foam brush


Paint whole pine part of mirror with Black Ne-Opaque including sides and let dry. Use foam brush and thin coat.


Paint Little sections at a time with Old Brass and Pewter and blend section a little including the sides. I think it looks good rough like this. Let dry. Use bristle brush. You can stop here if you wish, it looks pretty good like this.


With foam brush apply a little of the Hi-Lite Violet at a time almost dry brushing and blend, blend, blend. Do little sections.

Apply Hi Lite Blue in this manor and blend some in to violet parts.

Apply Hi lite Red the same way and blend in to other hi lite colors.
The Hi Lite paints are like interference Pearl-ex Powders.

Leave patches of Pewter and Old Brass background showing through.

I can get these paints in 8 ounce, 32 ounce and 1 gallon. It would look so good on a wall. The paints also work on fabric, leather, paper, wood, photos, shrink plastic and even Styrofoam!
Looks almost like Raku pottery. Or similar to oil on water.
Very hard to get a good picture of the effect.
I will try again.

6 comments:

  1. That's really nice! After the first applications it was great also. I gotta try some of this! You do so much neat stuff! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie:

    What the heck were you doing up so late last night?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynda, it is so easy. I just try to stay busy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Renee, I was picking the winner for the giveaway.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you think it is too much that your friend Meta have a giveaway right to my doorstep. har har

    xooxo

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net