Thursday, April 28, 2011

More new pieces- not listed yet.

I love making the little Steampunk hearts I make, quick little doses of steampunk clay. I enjoy how different I can make one from the other.
I make them when I am in the mood.
Do you do that, get on a roll with something and make them over and over?
Do you enjoy something so much that you forget how many you have made?



I adore these Steampunk Bobbies. I sell these heart Bobbie pins in the Hoarders Closet. Cute little finding, this one.




I love this one too, but I am having a hard time getting a good picture of it. It looks so much better in person. I may have to keep this one if I can not photograph it right ;-D
Kind of an Angel Straight Jacket Steampunk heart. Sounds like me!




A simple, but totally sweet one. I tend to get too busy sometimes for these small pieces and this one is not so! The metal hearts that I use to put the clay into are in my Etsy shop too! The metal bail on the top is even attached and come with the heart.




And this one busy and fun like I like them.
There is a Claddagh symbol with two hands, the heart, and the crown on it!
These are not listed in my Etsy shop yet, if you want one let me know!

"The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown).



The way that a Claddagh ring is worn on the hand is usually intended to convey the wearer's romantic availability, or lack thereof.
Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open."
When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart".


A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body generally indicates that the wearer is engaged.
When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married." [1]


quoted from the Claddagh Ring website
They quoted it from
[1] Murphy, Colin, and Donal O'Dea (2006) The Feckin' Book of Everything Irish. New York, Barnes & Noble. p.126 ISBN 0-7607-8219-9

11 comments:

  1. I love all of these. I guess I just heart hearts. I also heart you. I have been down in the dumps the last two days and your sweet comments on my blog have been so very helpful. We had bad storms yesterday all day - so no computer. I am catching up today!! Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hearts are wonderful Marie! I love all of them! You have a way with clay that is so unique and beautiful!

    I was also so happy to see the explanation of the Claddagh. I have often wondered- but never bothered to look it up. Thank you! :)

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie these are SO COOL!
    I love all your detail, and I know how small some of it is too.
    Amazing.....the steampunk pieces are great because they have the elements but you have adapted it to your style and your voice.
    Wonderful! GO-GO-GO!!!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, these are just plain gorgeous!!! I can't make up my mind as to which ones I like the best...they're all fabulous!!

    I think we all get on a roll of one thing or another...I suppose it's our way of just enjoying the moment in doing something we really enjoy because we do it so well!! LOL Your little steampunk hearts are a perfect example of that.

    Have a great week.

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little hearts, and I love the claddagh story as well!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh! The one that you say you can't get a good enough picture of is my FAVOURITE! I love that little skull peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, marie! i am just in awe at what you create. i can only dream of making such pretties...you are so very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your steampunk hearts are fabulous, Marie. The colors, the little extras - all amazing. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie, Marie, Marie! You are so goshdarn industrious and creative! I adore these steampunk hearts. The Straightjacket makes me as giddy as a schoolgirl. And oh, your Hearts of America are fabulous! I am in awe over your ability to create new designs for your hearts. Each one seems fresh and different.

    I hope you and Madi are feeling better! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Marie!
    I love your steampunk creations! Now, making the hearts! wow... ; )
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly have been busy! Love them all. Thanks for sharing the interesting info about the Claddagh.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net