This is what Ces says about the award...
Read the whole post here.http://cesandherdishes.blogspot.com/2009/07/bella-sinclair-award.html
"Ces created the Bella Sinclair Award in honor of Bella Sinclair exceptional woman and brilliant artist who epitomizes the concept of the artist as inspiration, of sisterhood, caring and sharing. It is symbolized by the Quercus lobata or Valley Oak, a handsome and graceful tree with a sturdy trunk, up to 5 ft in diameter and 120 feet tall, the largest western deciduous oak."
She also said
"I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honor the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomizes all of these things. She is an inspiration to many of us.
I have chosen to symbolize this award with the Quercus lobata or Valley Oak. It is a simple and unadorned award but heavy on meaning. The Valley Oak is a large handsome tree with a stout and sturdy trunk and widely spreading branches that form a broad open crown. It can reach up to a height of 100 feet and a diameter of 4 feet, sometimes much greater. It is the largest of the western deciduous oaks and is a handsome and graceful shade tree.
I hope that when Bella returns, this award would have already circulated in the blogs. It is my honor to give this award to the first recipients who I hope will find the same pleasure as I have in spreading its crown, giving shade and the comfort of friendship and caring and of sisterhood by sharing this award with their blog-friends and sisters!
Now here are my babies, go out and pick other sister friends, spread the crown, give shade and comfort and caring to your blog and sister friends.
This is a lovely award!
1. Jodi Creager http://creagerstudios.blogspot.com/
3. Lynda http://claymama1.blogspot.com/
5. Purest green http://underthetonguerecipes.blogspot.com/
6. Cornerstoregoddess http://cornerstoregoddessjewelry.blogspot.com/
7. Bobbi http://bobbianncook.blogspot.com/
8. SusanC http://susanc-yarnnut.blogspot.com/
10. Sarah http://amountainmomma.blogspot.com/
11. Elizabeth http://ginagal.blogspot.com/
12. Donna http://ctbydonna.blogspot.com/
14. Jenny http://kindclay.blogspot.com/
15. Francie http://burdart.blogspot.com/
16. Cindy http://cindypack.blogspot.com/
17. Dawn http://oddfae.blogspot.com/
18. Cassie http://cassymuronaka.wordpress.com/
19. Chris http://prismtrail.blogspot.com/
20. Yvonne http://quote-ching.blogspot.com/