Saturday, August 27, 2011

Atomic age Influence votive holder

While you are reading this I am escaping from home to go hang out with my friend Jodi and talk to an adult, craft until my fingers hurt, and stay up crazy hours. I am expecting to have a good time.
We are going to make some books ;-D
It is hot here, kind of cloudy and humid, I do not feel like doing anything. It is 99 degrees here and almost 4 pm on friday the 26th, crazy!
I will talk to you all on Monday have a great weekend.
Be safe and be well.


Make the canes from the Black and white tutorials.
Continued from Part 1:
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/black-and-white-canes-2-atomic-age.html
and Part 2:
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/black-and-white-canes-2-atomic-age_09.html
and Part 3:
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/black-and-white-canes-2-atomic-age_14.html

Save any pieces from the making of the canes that you have left over. We will use those.

You will need:

clay slicing blade
glass votive holder
Canes from tutorials


Start with the sputnik cane or I guess it could be a stylized dandelion, well whatever you want to call it.
Slice off the slices about 1/16" thick and place around the top of the glass.
Do not press on just place.
When you have them spaced evenly with about an 1/8" between all of them.
Press into place.







Here is a better view.
















Add the second cane.
Place those below the others.
Press on firmly.















These are from the second cane and are left over.
Slice off some slices and round them a little with your fingers.













Place one of those between the big circles at the top of the rim of the votive holder.














Now I have added the pieces left over from the dandelion cane and placed those between the rectangle canes.













I added some of the spiral, basically I am building a net of canes around the top of the glass. I can have small open areas as long as all of the canes are connected together.
I rolled the spiral cane down to about 1/4" and added one to each of the bottoms of the rectangles.
Bake in a pre-heated 275 degree oven for 1/2 hour, shut off oven, and let cool in the oven.
Add a votive and you are good to go!













12 comments:

  1. Love this votive this votive....lovely! Have a wonderful and fun weekend.

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Marie! By the way, I want to tell you I saw your article in this issue of Polymer Cafe. Very nice!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Marie. Now I have to make something else. Talk to you soon, what a week first an earthquake then Irene! We are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this black n white piece. I wish I could get just a few days of 99. LOL stay cool and come by my blog for a book giveaway.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome ~ Love it! Thanks, ~ Got your necklaces that I ordered and love them ~ Carol from MA ~ hugs and namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love that votive holder...how beautiful!!! :) Stay cool this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Georgina!
    I had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Wanda, you are so very sweet to say that.
    You made my day!
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so welcome Susan.
    You easterners got hit with the double whammy didn't you?
    I am thrilled to hear you are doing OK!
    YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Nicole.
    You can have the 99 Nicole. It is also humid which feels like a 150, 000. OK not quite. ;-D
    Off to visit you. I hope I didn't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Carol!
    I am so glad you love your hearts,
    Blessings all over you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Theresa.
    This weekend is lovely.
    Last weekend was Hot hot hot!!!
    I am enjoying this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net