Saturday, October 23, 2010

From Plain to Fabulous- a step by step story, part 2

This is continued from Part 1 here http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2010/10/from-plain-to-fabulous-step-by-step.html



We are making this box

Stamp in to the surface of the clay with a rubber stamp. I place my hand on the underside of the lid and then press the stamp against my hand to make a deep impression. If you have put too much glue on at this point you will know. The clay will start sliding around. Let it sit for a bit and the continue. Press the stamp straight down.
Stamp the whole surface of the clay.





Place the believe banner on the surface and arc it up a little.
Roll out some more black clay on the thickest setting and cut out 3 of the oak like leaves in the cutter set. With the back of your clay slicing blade make the center vein in the leaves and then mark the outside veins. I have placed one leaf right under each side of the banner and then I placed one in the bottom point of the heart which will show in the next picture.






Take 2- 1/8" balls of clay and place one on each side of the banner. Using the handle of a paint brush or the end of a small crochet hook make a indent right in the middle of the balls.












Place a smaller ball in each indented ball.















 
Make a mark in the center of the smaller ball to make it look like a screw.














Cut out 5 of the petal shape you see here. The one that sort of looks like heart.
Bend the petal over your finger like this. This will put a little curve in the petal.






Make lines with a dull knife or the back of the blade on each petal in a fan shape to the point of the petal.













I used a 1/2 ball of clay for the center and it shows that I used the screen piece to make texture in the center after I placed it in the flower, but it is much easier to press the 1/2" ball in to the screen and then place it in the center of the flower.









Paint the powders on with a soft, soft brush or your finger on the lid and bake in a 275 degree pre-heated over for 30 minutes and shut off and let cool in oven.
Once cool paint the lid and the box inside and out with several coats of True Gold Lumiere, letting each coat dry before applying the next one.




Tah- dah!!

42 comments:

  1. ~tah dah...is right...magic right before our eyes...believe...such a powerful word and so hard for many to grasp hold of...may your box be a simple yet beautiful reminder to the one who receives it...truly a gift you behold...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you little heart boxes, Marie! Thanks for sharing on how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!!! Definitely going to give this a try. I've packed all my little boxes, but I'm going to make a box like we learned from Victoria at Sandy Camp and go from there. Thank you so much for the idea, will make great little gifts!!!

    Hugs and many blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project!!!hugs,
    Barbara^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias por el tutorial, te ha quedado genial.
    Me encantaria poder saber hacer alguna pieza como la tuya........
    Feliz fin de semana
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make this look so easy. It is beautiful. I wish I lived closer to you. I will be your apprentice or student. Have a lovely weekend, Marie. Tsup! (Sterilized kiss - I am in bed with a cold) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ouaaaaahhhhhh!!!merci merci!!!pour ce sublime tuto !!!j'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie, I love the "believe" message. I needed that message today! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Marie!!! And I love seeing the work behind such beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, thanks again for your generous sharing. so many applications for these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even with your wonderful tutorials I just don't have the telent to do this. LOL
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I absolutely love the work you do!! I saw a post about you on Beadwrights blog.
    Julz@ http://Julzjewlz.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tah dah indeed! Wow! Love your tutorials this is another stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've said it before.

    i have to say it again.

    you are an extraordinary teacher.

    and i'll say it again after this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful, Marie. One of my favorites. And thank you again for showing how you made this lovely box. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my Marie!!! this is so beautiful and I love seeing it in progress...wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow so beautiful!!! You make it look so easy~: )
    Love ~Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply stunning creations as always. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, a lot of effort with the clay and the fondant, but it's all worth it! You have very agile little fingers. Gorgeous box!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much Faerwillow!
    And boy oh boy that "believe" word is a doozy sometimes.
    I love it though and this box does remind me to keep "believe" in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Guadalupe, it was all my pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that would wonderful Julia. I bet this would work just as well on that box too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you very much Barbara! I am so glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is my pleasure Anna, thank you so much for taking the time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh that would be fun Ces!!
    I hope you are feeling better now!
    Sorry you are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vous êtes alors bienvenue, Nadia!
    I used google translator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I am so glad Liz.
    I seem to be needing it alot myself lately. I am glad it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Carmen! I am so glad that you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so welcome Theresa. I am so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Diana! I am so glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks Pattee! I had fun doing this one!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net