Monday, October 6, 2008

Lumiere as an antiquing medium






Lumiere acrylic paint makes a wonderful antiquing medium. It is definitely different than using an opaque medium like Ne-Opaque, but beautiful none the less.





Punch the color in to a baked piece with a large stencil brush, I use a ½” or bigger round stencil brush. Using a damp but not soaking old piece of bath towel I wipe and if necessary rub off the excess paint.
This chart shows Lumiere colors on black and white Cernit.

The Clay Factory carries both the Lumiere and Cernit Phthalate-free clay.

I have pictures of other examples of standing shrines on my web page http://www.mariesegal.com/ under the shrine page. All of them are antiqued with Lumiere or Ne-Opaque. Another wonderful thing about these paints is they can be used on a lot of other canvas beside Polymer clay, like fabric, paper, and leather.

2 comments:

  1. WOWEEE!!! Another wonderfull piece!The angel is so adorable! and i love the cristal inside!
    I see that i'm the 1st who give a comment on this cutie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna. This is when I first started my blog and no one really read it back then!!
    Thank you so for leaving a comment here!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net