Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cotton Paper Play

This is my 200th post this year. I am really proud of myself for keeping this going, no matter what! I am really close to 400 posts for my blog history. I will have to see when it is.
It makes me laugh to think I could think of nothing to say in the beginning.
I am giving you all a shout out for hanging in there with me, I appreciate all of you!!
Thank you!

I had shown you the butterflies I had done before here.

Well, I decided to take some of my EyeDollz and make them in to stuffed goodies for Madi!



Meet EyeloveU and Eyedolleyesbling, two of my favorites.
I printed them out on the printable cotton in my ink jet printer, I increased the resolution on the photo and increased the quality on the print out.




I put my paper in my printer (I suggest you print out a regular piece of paper first before you put the cotton in just to make sure you know which way to put it in to your printer) and press print...tah-dah.
I cut around the EyeloveU and left an allowance and then I cut out 2 pieces of purple felt and made an allowance on that too.



I pinned him to one of the pieces of felt.




I stitched EyeloveU to one piece of the felt with embroidery thread and a blanket stitch then I stitched the two pieces of felt together the same way.
I left the bottom of his foot open and I am going to stuff him. I am going to use an old pillow we have and recycle it. I will just wash it and throw it in the dryer. It is filled with polyfill
I may even paint him with some Lumiere and add some ribbon too.
Why aren't there 48 hours in a day??
And the printable cotton sheets are perfect for doodling on too, even painting on with fabric paints or pens and using in a quilt or on a shirt, maybe a purse or apron too.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your EyeDolls, especially the one that lives with me :) What a fun way to make a toy for the young one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the craftiest woman I know, Miss Marie! This is an adorable gift for sweet Madi. :) xox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that those are Laugh Out Loud adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Marie! This is just awesome. Your boundless creativity never ceases to amaze me! Theresa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net