Saturday, August 14, 2010

No, Donna you do not have to make another one, and more catch up

I am still having trouble with my back. My friend (sister like buddy) Meredith at MeredithArnold.wordpress.com (also comedian artist, tool junkie for people with bad hands, an amazing travel companion, artists in business advocate, and oh yea, Sharkie Sharks mom) suggested that I use ice for 15 minutes and then heat for 15 minutes.
A couple of times a day.
I had been trying both but not together in sequence. To my amazement, it is working, YAY!! Now that is a HUGE YAY!!! since I have been pretty much on my back for days. Hard to do when you have to chase a crazy and full of energy 17 month old around all day.

Not to mention that it does nothing for my I gotta make something all day long every day or go insane attitude on life. I have felt like a slovenly pig for days now.

Yesterday though, after one day with this regimen, I can move a little again and even type.

So if you have a back ache that feels like someone opened your back at the spine area and is rubbing aluminum wire (Think foil on teeth, yup, that is the feeling) over your spinal nerves and no matter what you do to get comfortable there is no position known to man that you can find to relax for more than a couple of seconds, you might want to try this.

Meredith, I love you and thank you.

It also gives me the chance to be able to connect with all of you again and even sit here and type something out. YAY Again!!! I have missed you all so much!
Able to even do a little shuffle like dance! Wooo whoooooooooo.
Life is incredibly good most of the time, isn't it?

UPDATE!!
I traded with Donna at So Dark, so cute a unzipped bat winged girl for an orphan.
I wanted it made out of polymer clay and she willingly obliged me.
Even though, she said she couldn't do it (HAHA!!)
I am thoroughly in love with my orphan and feel that I got the better end of this deal.
The texture and mottled look of the skin is wonderful and I adore the forlorn look on this girls face, Click on the picture for a larger view.
This is a pendant and she used my favorite colors, green, purple, and orange together.

Isn't she charming? Pretty darn good for some one that couldn't work with polymer clay, huh?
No, Donna you do not have to make another orphan (even though you should). I got mine. She is awesome and I LOVE her.
Donna also has a blog store on line. You want to see it, it is So Dark, So Donna Shop. Slightly macabre, slightly off center, and Oh so Donna!!

Thank you so much Donna for making my dreams come true!!

Also, I was lucky enough to win something from another wonderful blog buddy, Mother Moon.

I have traded with Mother Moon too! Her Jams and Jellies are unbelievable.
Homemade jams and jellies are something I have always wanted to do and learn.
I also enjoy them and love them, the taste is sooooo divine.
My grandmother used to do this and I love that time in my life, so it also brings warm fuzzies to my heart and mind. I would have taken a picture, lol, but those are long gone!

I love Mother Moon's wisdom too, she is an earth mother with a planet consciousness I admire deeply and would love to emulate more fully.

I received a sand dollar, and beach in a bottle with a beautiful box with beachy things on it.
So beautifully crafted with a thoughtful feeling to it also. This giveaway was celebrating her blog being a year old. Congratulations and I wish you many many more.
I am putting this next to my computer so I can go to the beach whenever I want and smell the salt air and feel the sand between my toes.

Thanks to all of you, my dear ones, in this week of unending back pain and crabby attitude that came with it. I smiled hard when these came in the mail and email.

Have a great weekend, my pretties, go out and get a little sun and see the beauty that surrounds you, feel the love that is in your hearts, and create something with no limits.
Play, dance, and hug yourself for me.
All is well, you are perfect.



 

19 comments:

  1. So glad you're doing better Marie. I've been out of commission for awhile too. I'm eager to get back to some kind of normal, aren't you? Sigh... What great little goodies you've received! They surely must have brightened your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Moriah!! Glad to be getting back. So glad you are too!
    It lit up like the aurora borealis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie I am so happy to hear that you are beginning to mend. Keep up the hot/cold packs!
    I'm happy to say our weather has finally warmed up, I am basking in some 90 degree windy heat today. Trying to store some up for winter, wouldn't that be nice if it were true.
    Take care my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jan. I will because I can still feel it there. I am pushing a little right now, because I haven't done anything all week.
    Jan it is hotter up there than it is here. I am not complaining though, I am so grateful.
    Someone said the other day this is the coolest summer we have had on record so far. YAY!!!
    Beautiful here, just incredibly gorgeous. Lucky us!!
    Have a wonderful weekend Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. Glad to hear you are gradually getting better, though. Enjoy your amazing new gifts - they are stunning! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM SO SORRY to hear of your back pain Marie!!! I've had back pain and it's no laughing matter and that hurts too!!! I'm so glad your getting relief! Finally...

    I also have a beautiful face from Donna. That I can wear as a necklace... Right now she's on the door to my studio room for protection and creativity~: )

    I hope your feeling better and better ~

    Love to you ~Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  7. marie, it's nice to see you back here. it's also nice to see what great friendships you have. no surprise there

    i don't know how you have even managed to handle your back pain and keep up with madie. you deserve several bubble baths and one hot fudge sundae....

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! I think Donna should make more orphans. It is fantastic! Janie's peach jam is truly to die for! She truly has a talent in the kitchen! Not to many people make jam that tastes like that. Wishing you an awesome Sunday and a pain free week!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Marie! I know back pain all too well. I am so glad you found something that helps. There have been times with my back where I would have tried just about anything to get some relief. Love your new additions (you lucky ducky). Be good. Sending you healing vibes, and chocolate wishes, and love and hugs! xoxox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to hear you are beginning to feel better. Take it slow & try not to overdo so you keep going in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sweetie,

    Im sorry you back is bothering you. No worries the good blog friends we have are supportive of everything. Down time is good things sometimes.

    Hope you feel better..

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marie, OUCH! Back pain - I am so sorry about that! OUCH! You are too sweet- tell that pain to get lost! On second thought you are probably too sweet to do that. Be better soon, the hot cold thing sounds painful in itself.
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well honey.... i have trouble with my back too! my sciatic nerves on both sides and a lower disc. but your pain .... it sounds so bad and you have a young child...... that makes my heart hurt. thank goodness this new self treatment is working for you. I have a "wet" heating pad too. as a matter of fact it works so well that i blogged about it not to long ago. it gets intensely hot for about 10 minutes, so much so you can hardly stand it , and then it cools down. its been a mini miracle!
    i'm just now getting out and about on these wonderful blogs i now follow! bless you precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaaw honey, that is awful about your back. I know how that feels! Please take care of yourself. My blogging legs are wobbly but I am celebrating an anniversary today and also yesterday. Please join my give-away. Take care, dear. TSUP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry to hear about your back hun, i know whats it's like (one of my many dissabilities my back). Have you tried a T.E.N.S. machine? A small electro-shock device i use one it's better than any medicine (all but morphine lol) works great.

    Also sorry i haven't been in touch lately way too much going on in my world right now.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, so sorry you've been down with back pain, Marie. Been there, done that. It's the worst. XXX to get better soon.
    Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie!!!Yippeeeeeee!! So glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I've missed you. And I have given up on writing letters. Failure. I LOVE the little orphan. I must go visit your friend right now. I was thinking of you in Jerome with a particular sign...teehee! **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you feeling better? just take it easy, yes still. It's hard to concentrate when the pain is so...there! But keep creating, cause with every piece you make I'm in awe!

    Hugs and be well
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the good wishes, marie. it's always a blast to connect with friends. i'm stopping by hoping your back pain has moved on. and this orphan, omg, so authentic and evocative. :(

    tsup! marie, take care,
    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net