Thursday, September 17, 2009
This would also make a great magnet or make the design smaller for a pair of earrings, but this is simple and fun and can be done in a ½ hour.
Using purple Cernit and Purple glitter from http://artglitter.com/
Links will take you to the page at http://www.clayfactory.net/ where the products are.
Round cutter set- Makin’s Clay
3/16” teardrop cutter
7/16” round cutter
Large and small ball stylus
3 hooks with leg
1 chain set (Link finally added, YAY!!!)
2. Cut the largest cut out circle in half.
4. With the 7/16” round cutter cut out 3 halves of the circle in each half of the big circle.
5. Take the cut out that used the smallest cutter and roll it in to a ball and then roll it in to a pear shape.
6. Place over the center of the two large cut out halves right in the middle and press down firmly with out smashing too much.
7. Place the large ball stylus in to the center of the pressed on pear shape and pull down to form a mouth.
9. Place one over the mouth a little to the right of center.
10. Place another over the mouth on the left of the other.
Sometimes if the red clay sticks in the cutter you can place the cutter squarely and flush on to the clay you want it on and pull the cutter back very fast and get the piece to stick to the clay you are putting it on, this doesn’t always work and takes a little practice.
Otherwise push out the shape and turn it over so you will not see the indent from the plunger. Then place where you want it to go.
13. With the craft knife make a mark in the red ball that goes north to south in the middle for the bats tongue.
15. Roll all of the pieces in to balls.
16. Roll two of the balls in to little teardrops.
17. Roll one of the balls in to a little coil that is about ¼” long.
19. Mark each ear by pressing the large ball stylus in to the teardrop at the bottom of it close to the head.
This will also help attach the ears to the head.
20. Place the little coil over the red teardrops for eyes and mark in the middle of it with the craft knife to make eyebrows.
21. Roll out another piece of the black clay on the 5th thickest setting and cut out another 3/16” teardrop.
22. Cut that in half and roll both halves into very small balls.
23. Place on the red teardrops for pupils in the eyes and press in to place.
24. Using a small ball stylus “draw” on the wing divisions.
25. Insert the hooks with legs in to the wings and at the bottom of the body or leave them off if this is going to be used for something else.
26. Bake in a 275 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes
27. Shut off oven.
28. Let cool.
Add chain and dangles