I see pennants all over Etsy now days. I thought it would be fun to make jewelry using that theme.
I also used the vintage chain I have been selling in the Hoarders Closet. It is sweet, small, strong, and great to work with.
I documented this one to share with you, because it is so much fun to make and wear.
I made both kids sizes and adult.
You will need:
1 color of Cernit (I used Turquoise and Light Green) You could even make each flag a different color, just have fun ;-D
double ended knitting needle
22 gauge artistic wire in Non-tarnish silver
Triangle cutter in 5/8" size
Round cutter in 5/16" size
Alphabet stamps (I got mine at Michael's)
Rosary pliers or needle nose pliers
Flat nose pliers
1. condition clay and make soft and pliable, roll out in the clay machine on the 2nd thickest setting.
Cut out 10 of the triangle shapes.
4. Place the middle of the wire over one side of the triangle cutter and bend the ends over the edges.
5. Place the bent wire on one of the sides of the triangle. Put the wire down from the top about 1/16".
6. Place one of the triangles over the wire and on top of the triangle on the bottom. Line the two triangles up and press together.
7. Press the triangles together and focus on the top of the triangles where the wire is.
I like to pick these up and make sure all the edges are pressed together well and the wire is centered and press well at the wire.
9. Stamp pennants with letters.
11. Check the edges and make the pennants are flat after stamping.
Turn the bead over and poke the knitting needle back through the hole you just made to even the holes out on both sides.
14. Poke through.
15. Bake on a piece of corrugated box cardboard in a preheated 275 degree oven for 30 minutes, shut off the oven and let cool in there until you can touch the beads.
Continued in part 2...