Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Renee award

The Renee award was created by Bella and Ces in honour of their friend Renee. In Bella's own words "this is a brand new award and I have the pleasure and honor of spreading the seed, watching it grow. I hope it finds it's way to those who are like Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak, giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns..."
I have been honored with another award and I am proud, very proud of the first one. But the 2nd is probably going to be the highlight of my blogging career, at least for me anyway. Some of you who have met me and know me, know that I have been involved with Bottles of Hope. I found something and a person that sang to my heart in so many ways, Diane Gregoire and her Bottles of Hope. The dynamic, positive, beautiful, and wonderful woman that I met in Connecticut at the Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild would change my life for the better in oh so many ways. Thank you Diane for your gift, I have and will always treasure it.
Leigh Ross (thank you for fighting) and her Polymer Clay Central website have many pages of Bottles of Hope and this is the one I was at.
My own special and totally giving guild the San Diego Polymer clay guild is very involved in this program. We have many members and their families who have tackled this daunting killer of men and women. Our member Julie Downing is the woman with the hat sitting on my left. I miss you Julie. Thank you for fighting.
We have turned the BOH outreach into a cancer outreach.
My mother was diagnosed with Beast cancer in 2002 and is to this day a survivor. Thank you for fighting Mom, I am so grateful.
My sister in love (law) was diagnosed and died from breast cancer in 2004. Thank you for fighting Jill, I miss you sooooooooooo much!
This is only a small part of my story and so when the sweet Opps!DesperateBlogger gave me this Renee award I had no idea what a trip it was going to take me on that day. I am still a little raw from the trip. But I am so humbled by the blogs and stories I have read. Thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you, for enlightening my life with your stories. It has taken me these few days to even be able to talk about it and I love you Renee, you have another friend. Thank you for fighting. Bella and Ces, I hope I can be and have friends like you in my life, always. Bless you all. You have rocked this girls world.
Congratulations on 200 posts Opps!
This little acorn is humbled by oaks in her presence!!! I am soooooooo very grateful for being included in this group; I can not express it in words.
I am passing this on to Acorn/Oaks in my life, because life’s lessons come in some many guises. Life's gifts too.
Oddfae

Meredith
Welcome to the Singe Sisters Sorority at the Hellinback College of Hardknocks.

8 comments:

  1. Marie I see I am already here.

    This is such a life-affirming post. I am happy for your Mom and at the same time sorry for your dear sister-in-law and your friend Julie.

    It is hard to lose people to cancer and it is very scary to see people die.

    You have given me joy in this post and I know that Bella and Ces who are two incredible people will be very touched as well.

    I am wondering if you know a lady named Sandy who does bottles of hope here in Canada. She is an absolutely wonderful friend.

    Thank you for this meaningful (to me) post.

    Your work and your flower lady below are beautiful.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Oh my my my! You do great work. I love your clay creations. WOWOW!

    The blogs are amazing. Strange but amazing. I am in awe at the indredible talents of women all over the world. All these women writing, creating, reaching out.

    Admirable. I love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are here Renee, in oh so many ways and thank you so much for coming to visit my blog. I am honored.
    I am happy and sorry too!!!
    I want to do you, Bella, and Ces justice by my words and my work.
    I am not sure if I know Sandy.
    My memory is not what it used to be and I have trouble remembering some things during the time my sis in law was leaving. That time was only about one thing for me then.
    And thank you so much for looking and liking what is art from my heart.
    Live to love, love to create, and create to connect,
    <3 Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ces,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

    I am honored that you came to read my blog.

    I am in awe of all of the women writing, creating, and reaching out also and it gives me faith and hope for the future in their words, their art, and their loving touch.
    And I love your art too!!!

    I will be visiting you again,
    <3 Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Marie. I was admiring your blog and your incredible, beautiful art when I ran across this post. Wow, I was so deeply touched to read your words. I would love to reach out and hug you for all the work you do to further the fight. I don't think this award could have gone to a more deserving person. You are indeed a spreader of love, and I'm very honored to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Bella it is an honor to have you visit my blog and you have given me a hug by your kind words, thank you!
    Thank you so much for your fight and love.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Marie! This is so amazing. When I drove a friend to her radiation treatments a year or two ago, some Bottles of Hope were there in a small gift shop. I was so taken bby how beautiful they were, and the whole concept. I got one for another friend who had just finished chemo. To see that you and your group are involved in making them means so much. Your blog more than does justice to friends and family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Susan I hope your friend is doing well. I am so excited that you got bottles from us!! Small world isn't it?
    You are so kind to be there for her when she needed you most.
    I wonder if we were passing each other in the halls?
    Now that would be small.
    And thank you so much for your kind compliment, it warms my heart to know you think so.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net