Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finished on the 15th- the Fave Crafts Blog Hop





Welcome all you Fave Craft Blog hoppers. My name is Marie Segal and I am a craftaholic, no no I am a polymerholic, no, I am just a holic.
I love working with my hands and this is my brain on crafts and arts. I can not help my self, I must play with Clay, beads, wire, paper, paint, pearl-ex, air dry clay, clay, clay, and clay, card stock, gel mediums (all of them), glass, recycled goods, found objects, cameras, computers, punches, stamps, gold leaf, foils, eyelets and brads, scissors, paper cutters, words, gardening, food, cakes, fondant, book making, scrap books, albums, canvas, score pads... I think you are probably starting to get the idea.
Nothing is off-limits and everything is fair game and fodder for my mind, my heart and hands.
I have been doing this craziness for 45+ years now as much as I can and as long as I can and with as many products as I can.
I do love clay though and it is probably the thing I do most often and the longest. You will find much of that and all of the above and even the stuff I forgot in this space, with little tales from my life, opinions, and pictures, with circles and arrows ;-D.
So get your self some refreshments, and stay for a spell while I incite a riot in your mind. After all I need some company in this journey. ;-P
We will laugh and cry, but mostly laugh. I mean it couldn't hurt, right? It is just about the only thing I trust in this day and age and it does help me stay out of trouble... mostly.
This thing I do has brought me through so many trying times and it has also helped me find solutions in life and friends along the way. It keeps me sane when I am stressed (well.. it keeps me out of trouble, mostly).
I am on a life long process of building skills.
You can click on the blog hop button above and go back to Fave Crafts blog to see other artists and their things that they have finished this month.


Here are some of the things I have finished from the last 15th to this 15th.

Last 15th I did a tutorial on making Millefiori canes influenced by Atomic age designs.
Here is the last one
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/fave-crafts-blog-hop-black-and-white.html

I finished this with all of those canes I made.

The tutorial for it is here
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/atomic-age-influence-votive-holder.html
 

I made a book.
Here is another book
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-coptic-bound-book.html
And here is the one above
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/08/ok-it-is-official.html


I made this tiny book

You can find it here
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/09/hi-immmmmmmmmmmmm-back.html

I made this book with clay covers.


I made this skeleton key. It is in my Etsy store
www.mariesegal.etsy.com


I made this Coptic bound photo Album for a wedding.

You can see all of those items above here
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/09/monday-updates-091211.html


And lastly but not leastly.
I made this Tin Can Box from a recycled 4 ounce Ortega green chili can


You can see it here
http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/09/tin-can-box.html

Thank you for stopping by and spending some of your precious time with me. I am so honored to have you here.
Come back again.
Be well!

1 comment:

  1. You HAVE been busy, Marie! I love everything here. Your books are so amazing - I love the one with the seahorse. You have a gift for creating them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net